Transform a Space with Texture
TAKE ANY ROOM TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH THESE EASY TIPS
Like the way a room looks overall, but feels like it’s missing a little something that you can’t quite put your finger on?
The missing piece might be texture.
Texture is key to adding dimension, visual interest and, most importantly, giving a room some soul. And what’s great about texture is that you don’t need to break the bank to infuse it into a space. Any of the following will work to make a room feel complete, whether you add a couple items—or all of them.
- Plants: Houseplants are terrific options for incorporating texture. Succulents, cacti, begonias, palms, bromeliads and spider plants are just a few of the hundreds of statement-making choices.
- Woven baskets: Woven baskets not only add texture; they also serve double-duty as storage bins (for those errant remotes, magazines and dog toys).
- Accent pieces: While you want to steer clear of creating what looks like clutter, a ceramic, wooden or glass accent piece or two adds variety.
- Wall décor: Traditional framed prints are fine, but why not think outside the box and consider metal wall art, macramé wall hangings, tapestries or mirrors with unique frames?
- Pillows and throws: Layering pillows and throws adds texture while also upping the coziness of a room. You’ll find lots of throw pillow options with interesting weaves—and even tassels—as well as throws in a variety of fabrics.
- Area rugs: Like pillows and throws, area rugs come in a wide range of materials and weaves. Rugs crafted of natural fibers, like jute or sisal, as well as shag rugs or those with raised pile, help define a space.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Sign up for our emails and never miss a story or promotion:
* Required Information